Emerging Technologies in Arthroplasty Planning and Execution – Part 2
Martin Roche, MD
Jean-Yves Jenny, MD
John M. Dundon, MD
The International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty’s first Emerging Technologies in Arthroplasty™ meeting was held online on Saturday, May 15th, 2021 and was Co-Chaired by Dr Jonathan Jeffers, PhD from Imperial College London and Dr Vani Sabesan, MD from Palm Beach Shoulder Service, Atlantis Orthopaedics.
ISTA ETA showcased the work of 19 clinicians, industry members, researchers and engineers from 10 countries. Presentations focused on technology that has left the research labs and started its translational journey to clinical practice. Also, Dr Susannah Clarke, PhD founder of Embody Orthopaedic and Dr Martin Roche, MD founder of OrthoSensor each discussed "5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Starting my Translational Journey".
- Evaluate relevant new planning and execution phase developments and techniques that will assist surgeons in their practice.
- Improve surgical competency by critically reviewing new advances in orthopaedic arthroplasty for patients needing joint replacement so that following surgery the pain is relieved and implanted devices are long-lasting.
5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Starting My Translational Journey
Martin Roche, MD, HSS Florida, USA
Keywords: Sensors, Knee Arthroplasty, Economics
Registration of Knee Kinematics With a Navigation System. a Validation Study
Jean-Yves Jenny, MD, University Hospital Strasbourg, France
Keywords: Navigation, Knee Arthroplasty, Kinematics
Imageless, Computer-Assisted Navigation Improves Acetabular Component Positioning Precision in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
John M. Dundon, MD, Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey, USA
Keywords: Navigation, Acetabular Cup, Revision Hip Arthroplasty
June 23, 2023
Presented by the International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty
The information in this educational activity is provided for general medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The viewpoints expressed in this educational activity are those of the speaker(s). They do not represent an endorsement by the Current Concepts Institute (CCI). In no event will CCI be liable for any decision(s) made or action(s) taken in reliance upon information provided through this educational activity.
Taking a course is a simple and convenient process. Let’s learn!
- Find a course you are interested in.
- Click on “Take Course” button.
- Review item in cart and proceed to checkout.
- Login or Register.
- Place order.
- Select the course from your course account (you can come back at any time to start the course).
- Click on video link and watch video lesson.
Then you can search for more courses and continue learning at your own pace and availability.